Naturopathic Practitioners, Iridologists, and Detoxification Specialists assess the whole person, taking into consideration physical, mental, emotional and spiritual aspects of the individual. Gentle, non-invasive techniques are
generally used in order to stimulate the body’s inherent healing capacity.
A number of different approaches are used. Diet and nutritional supplements, botanical
medicine, traditional Chinese medicine, Quantum Reflex Analysis, Applied Kinesiology,
detoxification techniques, yoga, iridology and breathwork therapy, meditation techniques and
lifestyle counseling are the mainstays of the naturopathic techniques used at Maayan Health.
Individual diets and nutritional supplements are recommended to clear blockages, nourish the
body, and restore and promote health to the body. Dietary changes are based on dietary
principles from Western and Asian dietary schools of thought such as Macrobiotic, Ayurvedic,
Raw foods, Cleansing diets, and Balanced diet approaches. The benefits include increased
energy, increased gastrointestinal function, improved immunity and general improvement in
health and wellbeing.
Shana offers information and guidance relating to diet, herbal medicine, and detoxification
healing programs which include fasting techniques which promote healing in the body. Shana
uses iridology to observe genetic weaknesses and lymphatic stagnation within the body.
Botanical Medicine is a plant based medicine using herbal teas, tinctures, capsules and
other forms of herbal preparations to assist in the recovery from injury and disease.
These compounds can be used to boost the body’s immune system, nourish, detoxify or prevent
disease. Asian Medicine in this context includes acupressure, abdominal acupuncture, moxa as
well as the use of botanical formulas to eliminate disease and balance body functions.
Acupressure refers to applying finger pressure to the skin at specific points on the surface of the
body. Sometimes moxa (a compressed herb in the form of a stick) is burned over an
acupressure point to help relieve symptoms. Abdominal acupuncture uses acupuncture needles
inserted into the surface layer of skin of the body to restore balance to the meridian system in
the body. Botanical formulas may be given in the form of pills, tinctures or decoctions (strong
teas) to be taken internally or used externally as a wash. Herbal formulas may include shell,
mineral, animal and plant materials. Food testing uses a pendulum or muscle test to detect how
the body’s bio-field responds to certain foods and supplements. Detoxification uses a variety of
techniques to cleanse the body of toxins, nourish weak tissues, or give the body's organs time
to rest and self-heal. Yoga and breathwork include yoga postures and breathing techniques to
promote healing of body, mind and spirit.
Maayan Health is an LLC in the state of New Jersel in the USA that offers health, wellness, and detoxification coaching and
a private business in Israel offering Naturopathic counseling. Shana Steinman/Neril is the owner
and uses naturopathic tools for the treatment and prevention of diseases through natural
means. The client understands that the application of any learned techniques intended to remedy the clients personal health
considerations without a medical doctor’s approval is of the clients own free will, and is considered an
act of exercising the clients own Constitutional Rights
As naturopathy is a holistic approach to health, lifestyle is considered relevant to most health
problems. Shana Neril,is a certified Naturopath in Israel as well as a certified Detoxification
Specialist in America. She will try to help you to identify risk factors and make recommendations
to help you optimize your physical, mental and emotional environment. She will take a thorough
case history to obtain a full picture of your health in order to most comprehensively address the
current health issues.
It is very important that the client inform Shana immediately of any disease process that the client is
suffering from or if the client is taking any medications. In addition, the client must inform Shana if she is
pregnant, suspect she is pregnant or if she is breast-feeding. Even the gentlest therapies
have their complications in certain physiological conditions such as pregnancy and lactation, in
very young children or those with multiple medications. Some therapies must be used with
caution in certain diseases such as diabetes, heart, liver or kidney disease.
The client attests that his/her actions on this and any subsequent appointments via phone, website, video call,
or in person (including electronic communications) are solely of his/her own behalf and not as an
agent or representative for any federal, state, or local agency, whose purpose is to regulate and
approve products, or to carry out any mission of entrapment or investigation. The clients activities
within Maayan Health are considered a private matter and the client refuses to share with any State or
Federal Regulatory Board , the FDA, FDC, Medicaid, or his/her own insurance company without
express written permission. All records or documents remain the property of Maayan Health
even when the client retains a copy. Privacy and security or records are strictly maintained and protected
and will only be released when requested in writing directly from the client. The client agrees to waive all
HIPAA privacy rights and complaint processes and understand that Maayan Health does not
participate in insurance plans or collect on behalf of any client.
The services and information provided by Shana are provided as an empowerment and
guidance coach and not in the capacity of a licensed health care provider or medical doctor. I understand that no
“doctor-patient” relationship exists, rather an at-will educational and empowering mutual
relationship. The client understands that the services provided by Maayan Health are not in place of
medical advice by a licensed doctor. The client understands that it is his/her own responsibility to consider the
advice and recommendations offered to him by Shana, and to educate himself as to the efficacy,
risks, and desirability of any information provided.
The client fully agrees to hold harmless any employee at Maayan Health with he/she communicates in any
manner. The client assumes total responsibility and liability for his/her actions and agrees not to file a malpractice
lawsuit against Maayan Health unless Maayan Health exposed the client to a clear and present
danger of substantive evil. The client acknowledges that Maayan Health does not carry malpractice
insurance. The client agrees that violation of any terms or clauses within this agreement will result in a nocontest
legal proceeding against the client. The cient understands that he/she can withdraw from this agreement at
any time. The client understands that this agreement is intended to establish a mutual, trust, relationship,
Shana Neril is a naturopathic practitioner in Israel and a detoxification specialist in the USA and will answer any questions to the best of her ability. It is understood that results are not guaranteed. Shana Neril (naturopath in Israel or detoxification
specialist in New Jersey) is not to be expected to be able to anticipate and explain all risks and complications. The client will rely on
his/her practitioner to exercise judgment during the course of the procedure which she feels at that time is in my best interests based on the facts then known.
The client understands this consent form to cover the entire course of treatment for all present conditions and understands that they are free to withdraw consent and discontinue participation in services or courses at Maayan Health at any time.
All services provided by Maayan Health and communication, email or otherwise, delivered by Shana Neril, as well as information set forth on this website (www.maayanhealth.com) are meant to help you find the avenues to achieving more optimal health of body mind and soul. The information or services provided however is not professional mental health care or medical care. If you feel psychologically stressed to the point that it is interfering with your ability to function, please have the courage to seek the help you need in the form of a professional counselor. Naturopathic and Detoxification services may augment your therapy, but the work of these services is meant to be done when major emotional and psychological wounds are already healing or healed.
In that spirit, by purchasing services from Maayan Health, you confirm that you have read and agree to each statement and that you wish to proceed:
- I understand that the health services I will be receiving from my practitioner are not offered as a substitute for professional mental health care or medical care and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any mental health or medical conditions. I also understand that my practitioner is not acting as a mental health counselor or a medical professional.
- I understand that detoxification therapy and health coaching is, at present, an unregulated industry and that my practitioner is not licensed by the country of Israel or the State of New Jersey or any other state or country. I also understand that for all legal purposes, the services provided by my practitioner will be considered to be provided in the State of New Jersey or the country of Israel.
- I understand and agree that I am fully responsible for my well-being during my sessions, and subsequently, including my choices and decisions.
- I understand that the services I receive are not a substitute for counseling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care or substance abuse treatment, and I will not use it in place of any form of therapy.
- I understand that all comments and ideas offered by my practitioner are solely for the purpose of aiding me in achieving my defined goals. I have the ability to give my informed consent, and hereby give such consent to my practitioner to assist me in achieving such goals.
- I understand that to the extent our work together involves career or business, my practitioner is not promising outcomes included but not limited to increased clientelle, profitability and or business success.
- I understand that my practitioner will protect my information as confidential unless I state otherwise in writing. If I report child, elder abuse or neglect or threaten to harm myself or someone else, I understand that necessary actions will be taken and my confidentiality agreement limited in this capacity. Furthermore, if my practioner is ordered by a court to provide information or to testify, she will do so to the extent the law requires.
- I understand that the use of technology is not always secure and I accept the risks of confidentiality in the use of email, text, phone, Skype and other technology.
- I hereby release, waive, acquit and forever discharge my practitioner, any agents, successors, assigns, personal representatives, executors, heirs and employees from every claim, suit action, demand or right to compensation for damages I may claim to have or that I may have arising out of acts or omissions by myself or by my health practitioner as a result of the advice given by my practitioner or otherwise resulting from the client-practitioner relationship contemplated by this agreement. I further declare and represent that no promise, inducement or agreement not expressed in this agreement has been made to me to sign this agreement. This agreement shall bind my heirs, executors, personal representatives, successors, assigns, and agents.